Your Covid Recovery
NHS Supporting your recovery after covid.
NHS Lancashire Teaching Hospital – Covid-19 specific guidance
British Lung Foundation:- Managing breathlessness
AbScent Network:- Recover your smell
NHS Chronic fatigue
Sport England “Join the movement”
Fit for me, Home Activities
Royal Osteoporosis Society: Videos for people with osteopenia, osteoporosis, or previous spinal fractures
Tune in to 10Today: 10 minute workouts
AgeUK: Keep active and reduce your risk of falling
Psychology Tools: Living with worry and anxiety amidst global
Free Mindfulness: Mindfulness exercises
Every mind matters
British Dietetic Association: General advice
Friends of the Elderly Group: Nutrition and hydration in older age
Citizens Advice Liverpool
Introduction Post Covid Support
This section will provide you with information that is aimed at helping you recover from your post covid illness. If you are still having some on-going issues, you may want to consider discussing this with your healthcare professional and consider getting referred onto the breathe programme. On this page you will find the various option available as part of our programme.
The Breathe programme can support you with:
• Advice on your breathlessness management
• Advice on pacing & activity levels.
• Advice regarding symptom management and provide you with an action plan.
• Provide support by offering you a refferal onto other useful servcices.
Options available to you:
Once you have been referred onto the programme, there are different options available based on your needs and preferences. Due to the social distances measures currently in place, our venues are closed. However we are currently offering all our patients a variety of consultation options, either via the telephone or video consultation. Following your initial consultation our team with work with you to develop a tailored programme to meet your needs. As part of the programme you will be offered: –
- Covid rehabilitation pack
- Home visit for:- exercise test/pacing advice
- Tailored rehab programme including exercise prescription
- Education & support with symptom management
- Links to our Breathe website
- Your Covid Recovery Platform
- Sign posted to alternative covid recovery links that can be found on this page.
To find out more about these new options please ask one of the Breathe Team.
How do I get referred to The Breathe Programme
There are a number of ways to access the programme. One step is to ask your GP to be referred to the breathe programme. You can also ask a health professionals for example your physiotherapist, practice nurse, respiratory nurse or team, consultant or at the chest clinic that you attend.